Last updated May 2021
Jardine Restaurant Group Holdings Limited (“JRG”, “we”, “us” or “our”) recognises the importance of your personal data and are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your personal data in an open, transparent and secure manner.
- visit and use our website www.jrg.com and any underlying goods, services or materials (together this “Website”), including, without limitation, when you subscribe to our email alerts;
- engage with us in relation to employment or experience opportunities at JRG and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or branch offices (each an “Affiliate”), including when you apply for a role or participate in any assessment programme relating to such a role; or
- otherwise contact us, whether as part of media or other communications, as part of our community and stakeholder outreach activities or otherwise,
altogether, the “Activities”.
By accessing or using this Website, or sending us personal data via this Website or through the contact details provided on this Website, you signify you have read and understood this Policy.
Click on the links below to take you to the more detailed sections of this privacy notice:
- What personal data does JRG collect?
- How will JRG use your data?
- Who does JRG share your personal data with?
- Security and confidentiality
- How long does JRG keep your personal data for?
- Your rights
- Links to other sites
What personal data does JRG collect?
We typically collect or obtain your personal data because you give it to us (for example, when you engage with us on or through our Website or via any channels e.g. email address provided on this Website), or because other people give that information to us (for example, recruiters or third-party service providers that we use to help operate our business and run this Website), or because it is disclosed on publicly available sources such as business and employment oriented social networking services and job boards.
If you are under the age of 18, you must not provide us with any of your personal data.
How will JRG use your data?
JRG may use the personal data collected for the Activities as well as one or more of the following purposes:
- for monitoring this Website and operations and for further development and improvement;
- for JRG’s own research and customer relationship management purposes, compiling statistics and analytic purposes, and conducting customer surveys;
- providing you with any news alerts that you subscribe for via this Website, in accordance with any consent that you provide to us at that time;
- for tailoring content of this Website to provide you with a more personalised experience and drawing your attention to information about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- for prudent IT management (including management of our IT resources, infrastructure and business continuity);
- for corresponding with you by email, post, fax, phone or other means in respect of your enquiry or comment previously communicated to JRG;
- when you apply for a job with JRG or its Affiliates, for undertaking recruitment activities, such as determining the suitability of your qualifications, checking for any existing or potential conflicts of interest or any other restrictions which may otherwise restrict or prevent employment with JRG and/or its Affiliates;
- when you engage with us in relation to your employment at JRG or its Affiliates, for managing our HR records and updating our employee database;
- for investigating or handling any incidents, claims or disputes, or as otherwise required by law or requested by any law enforcement or regulatory authorities, courts or other governmental agencies, or in relation to any legal proceedings concerning you;
- for managing relationship with and/or obtaining services from our existing and potential business partners and service providers;
- otherwise corresponding and managing our relationship with you; and/or
- for other purposes directly related to the purposes specified above or any other purpose which you may from time to time agree.
Who does JRG share your personal data with?
As a general rule, JRG will only disclose or transfer your personal data to:
- JRG’s Affiliates in order to fulfil any of the purposes specified in this Policy. However, we will not provide your personal data to any of our Affiliates in order for them to send you marketing materials regarding their own products and services, unless we obtain your prior consent; and
- JRG’s and/or its Affiliates’ service providers (including agents and contractors) who process personal data on their behalf to help administer, maintain and operate this Website, provide services in relation to recruitment (where you have applied for a job opportunity with us or our Affiliates), provide back-end, storage, administrative or IT services to JRG, provide any services to you, conduct data analytics, or carry out any of the purposes specified in this Policy.
(collectively, the “Third-Party Recipients”)
The Third-Party Recipients are under a duty of confidentiality and are only allowed to use your personal data for the purposes specified in this Policy or any directly related purpose.
Security and confidentiality
Personal data held by JRG relating to you will be kept confidential in accordance with this Policy. All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by JRG is kept secure and safe from any loss or unauthorised disclosure, use and modification. In particular, JRG uses its reasonable efforts to store personal data in a secure and safe place, limits access to only JRG’s authorised employees or authorised Third-Party Recipients, and utilises appropriate security protocols for authentication and authorisation which are in line with the type of storage medium and the technology requirements at the material time.
How long does JRG keep your personal data for?
JRG will keep your personal data only for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy (or a directly related purpose), unless a longer retention period is required under applicable law. JRG will either irreversibly anonymise or securely destroy your personal data once it no longer needs such information.
You have the right to request access to your personal data held by JRG and to request correction of your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights or if you have any questions on this Policy or JRG’s procedure, please write to our Cybersecurity and Risk Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to ensure that your personal data is kept as accurate as possible, please notify JRG of any changes to your personal data as soon as practicable.
You can exercise your right to choose whether or not to accept cookies by adjusting your browser settings to modify your cookie preferences. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you are free to remove or block all browser cookies. However, if you turn off your cookies, some parts of this Website and the related services may not function properly and you will not be able to receive the most efficient and personalised experience.
Links to other sites
This Website may contain links to other third-party websites and applications, including those of our Affiliates (“Third-Party Sites”). We do not own or control, and are not responsible for the privacy practices of those Third-Party Sites. We encourage you to remain alert if you follow any links to leave this Website, and to review the privacy policies of those Third-Party Sites so that you are aware of how your personal data may be collected and used by such third parties.
JRG reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time, and we will notify you by posting a notice of such amendments on this Website and, where required by law, obtain your consent. Changes will be effective immediately upon being posted on this Website.